Saturday, June 16, 2012
06/16/2012
Greetings from Waikiki. Nothing remarkably exciting has happened since the last post, but I'll update you on a few things. Turns out that Forever21 does'nt take workers who are in the States with a J-1 visa. I was halfway through signing the contract when they decided I was unable to work there, so that was a major setback. Gladly, I got back on my feet and continued to look for a job. Consequently, I got an offer today for a model position at Abercrombie & Fitch as well as at A&F-s branch shop Gilly Hicks to which interview I went yesterday. Because the company policy states that one can not work in many stores under the same company, I chose to take the job at Abercrombie. The orientation is tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to sign my contract soon. I will still continue looking for another job and hope to hear back from someone shortly. Besides work talk, we have have a couple of fun nights here in Waikiki. Yesterday we had an electricity shut down in our building so we were stuck on the 37th floor by the pool. This, however, turned out to be pretty fun cause the sky was so clear for the stars and it was beautiful up there. After a while we took the stairs down and me and Mallu headed to a surfstore which offered us to go and sell surfboards at an MMA match. Due to the late notice we decided not to take the job, but the lovely Brazilian guys who worked there promised to contact us once something new comes up. After that we hit the beach (as we do on most of the nights) and chilled with a couple of drinks and good company. On Wednesday we went to Senor Frogs which is only the most popular place in town... Awesome party with great people and good music- everything we needed to blow off some steam with some dance moves. A few days ago we had our first dance practice and we definitely learnt some awesome moves from there which we then put into practice at Frogs. In addition, we made a to-do list with the girls and the first one got ticked off yesterday - it was Mallu's take away dinner from Panda Express (most awesome food ever and only about like 100 times better than chopssticks). Today we had a plan to hit the Kailua beach, but the guys fell asleep and the weather is so-so... We will probably still hit the waikiki beach today in the evening or then just have a chill night at home with a movie, rum and ice-cream. Take care :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment